We worry about what a child will be tomorrow,
yet we forget that he is someone today.
~ Stacie Tauscher
Canadian Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
- AB-Highschool-Homeschoolers (Alberta High School Homeschoolers) - This list is for parents of Alberta highschool homeschoolers (teens are welcome too, of course!). We will discuss the special challenges of homeschooling through the highschool years. Relevant to all Alberta residents.
- To Subscribe, visit http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/AB-Highschool-Homeschoolers/.
- aha (Afrocentric Homeschoolers Association) - A discussion group for pro-Black African and/or African Diasporan, Black homeschoolers, unschoolers, deschoolers, home-based educators (you get the picture) everywhere! It is also open to non-homeschoolers and non-Blacks who are trying to teach their children about Blacks. Take note, however, that AHA's egroup is AFROCENTRIC. It is for the Black-oriented homeschool. It was founded as a resource for Black homeschoolers, Blacks in Canada, the U.S., Caribbean, and elsewhere. The African Canadian, African American, African Caribbean, Black European, African, and Black Canadian homeschool. Black Canadians, Black Americans, Jamaicans, etc. Please do NOT promote Eurocentric beliefs here. There are several other egroups to discuss subjects from that perspective. Please respect what this group is about and who it's for. Thank you!
For more information, visit http://geocities.com/blackhomeschool/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aha/.
- ArgyllCalgary - This group is for those registered or interested in registering with Argyll Home Education school board, Calgary area. Chat about upcoming or past events, board issues, homeschooling, etc.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArgyllCalgary/.
- Barrie_homeschoolers (Barrie (Ontario) Home Schoolers) - A place for Barrie and area parents, who made the choice to educate their children in a better way. Here, you can share ideas, vent problems, find solutions and make friends. Teaching and Learning is a lot easier if we are not alone.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/barrie_homeschoolers/.
- BC Home Learners' Association List - British Columbia - This e-mail list is for communication by BCHLA with BCHLA members and registered Sec. 12 homeschoolers in the province of British Columbia, as well as for general discussion on homeschooling issues as it relates to BC homeschoolers.
Please note that all new members are approved by the moderator. If you homeschool in BC and wish to sign up, you are more than welcome to do so. However, BCHLA asks that you use an e-mail address from your regular ISP (eg. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.). No Hotmail, Gmail, or other free e-mail addresses will be approved using the automatic system in order to protect our members from possible spammers, etc.
If you use a free e-mail address for your regular e-mailing needs, you may write the list moderator at email@example.com with a request to join the list and a brief description of your homeschooling status and reasons for desiring to join.
Please visit our website for more information on BCHLA and homeschooling in British Columbia. http://www.bchla.bc.ca/maillist.html.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bchla_list/.
- Calcan (Calvert Homeschoolers' Discussion Board!) - Welcome to Calcan, a friendly group of Canadian parents who are either using the Calvert Home Study Curriculum, or thinking about doing it. On this forum, you may find out more about Calvert, get tips on practically any aspect of using Calvert with your children, ask questions, as well as share your expertise and fellowship with other Canadian Calvert users. Let us have a great time meeting each other!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Calcan/.
- calgarychristianhomeschoolers (Calgary's Christian Homeschoolers) - This is a group for Christian parents from in and around Calgary who want to support and pray for each other and discuss issues that relate to Christian Homeschooling. Please keep to relevant topics only. Thank you.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/calgarychristianhomeschoolers/.
- calgary-hs (Calgary Homeschoolers) - This is an email list for Calgary and area homeschoolers to talk about whatever they feel like talking about, with subjects ranging from homeschooling philosophies to the latest weather pattern. We talk about field trips, social times, and seasonal parties. We discuss curriculum and school boards while debating the provincial rules regs. We have people who are considering homeschooling and seasoned homeschoolers who are happy to provide advice. We provide support for remote area homeschoolers who can't always travel the distance required to participate in person. We welcome homeschoolers of any faith, locality, or interest.
Membership is restricted to homeschooling parents and those considering homeschooling. Please note that upon requesting membership, you will be sent a letter requesting your first name and kids' ages or grade levels as basic info to confirm that you are a homeschooling parent. This info will only be sent to the owner/moderator, and will not be shared with anyone else. When you reply with this information, your request for membership will be processed. Thank you for your patience as we work to keep Calgary-hs a supportive group for all Calgary and area homeschoolers.
For more information, visit http://www.flora.org/homeschool-ca/ab/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/calgary-hs/.
- calgary-hsactivities (Calgary Homeschool Activities) - This group facilitates the organization and coordination of homeschool activities in the Calgary area. It is a GREAT source of spontaneous get-togethers, playdates and field trips!
Members volunteer to organize field trips & activities for the mutual benefit of all. Through this group you can (1) meet other homeschoolers in your area quickly, (2) have better accessibility to educational activities available at museums, science centres, etc.
Membership is approved based on your INTRODUCTION. Please send us your first name and last initial along with either:
- The name and email address of a person you know who is already a member;
- The name of your facilitator, their email address and the school board with whom you are registered.
We apologize for any inconvenience, this procedure ensures that the information on this list remains confidential to the homeschooling community and not the internet community at large.
If your membership is not approved in 14 days yahoo will automatically remove you and you will have to re-apply. If you haven't heard from the List Owner within a week regarding your membership please contact us.
This group is for families already committed to homeschooling. If you would like to learn more about homeschooling check out the HOMESCHOOLER'S GUIDE MAGAZINE online or in print (www.homeschoolersguide.ca), attend the SOUTHERN ALBERTA HOMESCHOOL CONFERENCE (www.albertahomeschool.ca) and/or the CALGARY EDUCATION FAIR (www.calgaryeducationfair.ca)
You can also join us at one of our REGULAR COFFEE NIGHTS! We meet the first Wednesday of every month in southwest Calgary.
Please don't hesitate to contact List Owner for info/details on anything related to this group: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit http://www.homeschoolersguide.ca.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/calgary-hsactivities/.
- calgary-hspreschool (Calgary Homeschool Preschool) - This is a list for parents who are considering homeschooling, or are homeschooling children before they are registered through Alberta Learning. Parents live in or around Calgary, Alberta and are interested in ideas and support as they un-preschool or pre-homeschool their child who are not yet of school age (under 6 years old).
Parents of homeschool Kindergarten and Preschool aged children can meet here to discuss all aspects of homeschooling their children. Kindergarten is voluntary in the Province of Alberta, and is a wonderful time for families to explore and discover together.
This group is a place for emotional and practical support for and from other parents who are new to homeschooling or who have already started the homeschooling journey with other children.
Please share ideas for homeschooling activities for children under 6, related websites, concerns and questions about registering formally for homeschooling or any concerns related to pre-homeschool. No flaming, spam or judgmental comments please.
For more information, visit http://www.homeschoolersguide.ca.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/calgary-hspreschool/.
- Canada-LDS-hs - Welcome to an online support group for LDS homeschooling families living in Canada. No matter what method you use to homeschool, you are welcome here. Let's discuss ways to teach our children about our country, share ideas to teach the gospel in our homes, and help each other with any issues related to homeschooling in Canada. This list is designed for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints but others are welcome if they will accept our standards and beliefs.
For more information, visit http://www.truelightacademy.com/Canada.html.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Canada-LDS-hs/.
- CanadianHSMoms - A list for Canadian moms who are homeschooling their children and are looking for a list to chat and vent. If you're a Canadian mom who's homeschooling or thinking of homeschooling and you're looking for a list that isn't pushing religion, where people some times feed their kids junk food and allow them to watch television, then this is the place for you! Doesn't necessarily have to be of the topic homeschooling! Grab yourself some coffee and come on in!! No spamming, rudeness or flaming allowed!! Be warned - we do generate a lot of mail!!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanadianHSMoms/.
- cathswapCAN - Welcome to the Canadian branch of Catholic Curriculum Swap
Cathswap is the Largest & Oldest Swap Resource for Roman Catholics on the Net. We have now expanded to this list strictly for Canadians.
All Canadian Roman Catholic homeschooling families are welcome to join. Please understand that Cathswap is like a reliable and trusted local Catholic bookstore. Here you will find Catholic Materials not usually found in other general and Christian swaps/boards. You will not find protestant and mainstream Christian titles here. We do our best to weed out materials that are notorious for containing anti-catholic sentiment (just like any good Catholic Bookstore). You will also find popular secular materials.
THE GOAL OF OUR FOUNDER AND LIST OWNER IS TO MAINTAIN A SAVE ENVIRONMENT FOR THE ONE-ON-ONE EXCHANGE OF EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS BETWEEN FELLOW ROMAN CATHOLIC HOMESCHOOL FAMILIES.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cathswapcan/.
- cc-hs (Canadian Christian Homeschoolers) - The purpose of this list to provide a forum for Canadian Christian Homeschoolers to exchange ideas on homeschooling. Ideas can be on any topic including Chrisianity. All topics are to be discussed with the assumption that homeschooling children may have access to the list.
This list is moderated and if topics drift too far from the acceptable personal notices will be sent to the originator of the message(s). It is asked that all people subscribing remember that homeschoolers come from every different walk of life. Please be considerate in your posts when dealing with other people. Debates are acceptable, but personal attacks will not be tolerated.
All homeschoolers, and those interested in homeschooling, are welcome to join. This list was created with the intention of it being christian based and how parents can educate their children from that perspective.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cc-hs/.
- CHB - Candadian Homeschooler's Board - We would be thrilled to have a new wave of homeschoolers join the fun. New-to-homeschool'ers with lots of questions welcome! Worn-out homeschool moms can find shoulders to cry on and there will always be someone around to make you laugh.
For more information, visit http://ca.geocities.com/choicehomelearners/.
- To post, visit http://cpeicheff.proboards26.com/.
- c-hoice - This e-list is for the members of C:HOICE homeschooling group in London, Ontario (Co-operative: Home Options In Childhood Education). Its purpose is to help members stay connected, both for organizing activities and events and for support and friendship.
For more information, visit http://ca.geocities.com/choicehomelearners/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/c-hoice/.
- cmcanada (Canadian homeschoolers using Charlotte Mason's methods) - For Canadian homeschoolers using Charlotte Mason's methods of education, and especially (but not limited to) those using the Ambleside Online Curriculum. This list will mainly be concerned with subjects of interest to Canadians - history, geography and literature, where to find resources, etc. Please introduce yourself when you join, and let us know your concerns and interests!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cmcanada/.
- ed-chen (Edmonton Catholic Home Educators Network) - ED-CHEN is a network of Catholic families in the Edmonton, Alberta area. It is a place for Catholic families to meet to exchange information about or organize Catholic events, speakers or home school field trips. It is also a place to develop our faith and grow in our role as parents in the Domestic Church. ED-CHEN is faithful to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ed-chen/.
- edmonton-hs (Edmonton, Alberta and area Homeschoolers) - This is a very active and entertaining list for Edmonton area homeschoolers. We gather to discuss events and issues pertinent to homeschooling lives. We welcome local people of all approaches & philosophies to join us. We request that all posts of a commercial nature are approved by the moderator before being posted to the group. Membership is restricted to homeschooling parents in the Edmonton area. To ask for an exception, please contact the moderator directly.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/edmonton-hs/.
- fortsask-hs (Fort Saskatchewan Homeschool Association) - We are a group of homeschool families from Fort Saskatchewan and area. We meet here to discuss events, issues, and offer support. We welcome local homeschoolers of all approaches and philosophies to join us. We have members from all over East Central Alberta. This list is restricted, and for homeschool families only.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FortSask-hs/.
- HamiltonHomeschool (Hamilton Homeschoolers - Ontario) - Hamilton Homeschoolers consists of a Network of Homeschooling families and support groups, offering resources, activities, information for homeschoolers residing in: Hamilton Wentworth, Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough Stoney Creek, Caledonia, Waterdown, Surrounding areas in Ontario.
For more information, visit http://penny.ca/homeschool/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HamiltonHomeschool/.
- HESAA (Home Educators of St. Albert and Area) - Home Educators of St.Albert and Area is a support group for families choosing to Home Educate their children.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HESAA/.
- hfx_hs (halifax_hs) - A new group for parents and others involved in homeschooling or home education in the Halifax, Nova Scotia area. This group is not in any way offically associated with or endorsed by NSHEA. This is not a forum for political discussions or for the hows or whys of homeschooing but instead a place for people to connect and share information and resources, events and other things that that directly relate to homeschooling.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hfx_hs/.
- higheredforhomelearners (Canadian Homeschool List) - This is a forum created to encourage dialogue about the transition of Canadian homeschooled students into post-secondary education. We invite home educating families and anyone with an interest in broadening our understanding of the admissions process in Canada to join and share their knowledge and experience. This list is sponsored by the Ontario Federation of Teaching Parents and is part of our ongoing investigation into this issue.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/higheredforhomelearners/.
- hlsa (Home-Based Learning Society of Alberta -HLSA) - The purpose of the HLSA Egroup is to provide a vehicle of communication for the members of HLSA. This forum welcomes topics and constructive discussions that are helpful and useful to home educating families. This egroup is an excellent place to learn from each other by sharing ideas, information, and support as well as a friendly place to get to know each other better and build our homeschooling community. If you are new to the group, please jump right in and introduce yourself. To reduce email volume and to help busy families screen for personal relevance, please: 1. Keep the subject line very specific and relevant by changing when needed. 2. Take the time to edit emails down to the minimum to provide context for your reply; only a sentence is usually required. 3. Respond privately when the response is helpful only to one or two people.
Please try to submit field trips/activities to the HLSA Calendar of Events to include HLSA members without email. Contact Kath at email@example.com.
Subscribers may not post their business information on this list but it may be included in the HLSA Business Directory posted in the “Files” section of this home page and available at meetings. Contact the moderator, Kath Oltsher, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Information and opinions posted on this list are by individual subscribers of the HLSA Egroup and not reflective of the HLSA organization. Therefore HLSA is not responsible for errors or omissions or consequences as a result of the content of the messages or egroup web site.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hlsa/.
- hl-victoria (Home Learners Hotline - Victoria) - This Hotline is for members of the Victoria Home Learners Network (VLHN) and Victoria Christian Homeschoolers Group, home learning families that live in or near Victoria, British Columbia. All members are welcome to post information about events, activities and resources of interest to the home learning community.
When posting announcements: clearly identify the subject of the note. If an activity is limited to a particular age group, please include that info in the subject. When replying to notes: please reply to the person who posted the note, not to the list. Members are asked to respect that this list is not for commercial purposes or for discussion. Moderation will be in response to concerns expressed by members.
Questions or comments about this list can be sent to email@example.com.
Please note: hl-victoria is not a discussion group. If you would like to join a Victoria discussion group regarding home learning, please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vichomelearn/.
For more information, visit http://www.vhln.org.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hl-victoria/.
- Home Based Learning - Message boards.
- Visit http://boards.eesite.com/board.cgi?boardset=HBLFAQ.
- HomelearnersNS (Home Learners of Nova Scotia) - We are a province wide discussion list open to all homeschooling families in Nova Scotia. Our goal is to provide a means for homeschooling families to network with others and share experiences, advice, and support. We also hope to aid those new to homeschooling and are working to provide some helpful links in the Links section.
We encourage any and all Nova Scotian home learners to join. This group is not affiliated with any official associations, societies, religions or homeschooling ideologies. We are just here to chat. We only ask that you follow polite rules of netiquette, refrain from flaming and do not spam or advertise. If you do not like your inbox being cluttered with messages, please remember you can sign in to Yahoo and change your preferences to one combined "daily digest" email.
Please also check out the group NSHomeschoolingEvents for a list of Nova Scotian homeschooling events.
Other homeschooling groups you might be interested in are Maritime Homeschooling and Homeschooling Canada.
- To Subscribe, visit http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeLearnersNS/.
- HomeschoolingNiagara - This list is for families within the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada, who are, or are contemplating homeschooling. People from all races and religions are welcome, however, this is a Secular list, so posts are to be kept to educational topics rather than religious topics. Discussions on this list could be for the organization of trips for homeschoolers, curriculum, methods, homeschooling vs. unschooling, and any other information that you may find of interest in regards to homeschooling in our region. The goal of this list is to form a strong local community of homeschoolers.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeschoolingNiagara/.
- HomeSchool_In_Quebec (HomeSchool In Quebec) - For all homeschooling families in Quebec, Canada regardless of religion or curriculum used. Share ideas, legal information, ask questions and give advice!
Lets talk about how and why we homeschool, and openly discuss the ups and downs of Homeschooling! This is a friendly, bilingual group, for everybody who wants to join the discussion.
Bonjour! Bienvenue dans le goupe de discussion pour l'école à la maison au Québec, Canada. Ce groupe regroupe tous les parents éducateurs, sans égard à la religion ou aux choix de curriculum (ou même à l'absence de curriculum). Partager nos idées, nos difficultés, nos succès, poser des questions et plus! C'est un groupe bilingue pour discuter amicalement.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeSchool_In_Quebec/.
- homeschoolsaskatchewan (Homeschool Saskatchewan) - A group for those of us from Saskatchewan, to chat,and exchange ideas.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homeschoolsaskatchewan/.
- hs-ca (A support list for home-based education) - Living is learning. This list is the place chatting about anything and everything! Join us to share ideas and information with other Canadian home based learners....Please be sure to check our mail list FAQ for important information.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hs-ca/.
- hscakids (This is a great list for all homeschooled kids and teenagers) - You should really join this list. It was made for all the homeschooled kids and teenagers of Canada. And they say we don't get enough socialization!! Canadian homeschoolers rock so join this great list.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hscakids/.
- hs-nb (new brunswick homeschoolers) - For all homeschooling families in New Brunswick Canada regardless of religion or curriculum used. Share ideas and resources, make friends, ask about legal information, other questions, and give advice. The list is for posts in English only. Solicitations not accepted.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hs-nb/.
- hs-ontrips - An announcement list for home learning families in Ontario: to share information for upcoming trips, classes, events, plays, functions, meetings... anything that home learning families may want to join in!
This list is intended ONLY for posts about trips, gatherings and events. Please be sure to reply to the poster of a notice rather than the entire list unless the reply is pertinent to the entire list. General homeschooling comments, websites unrelated to trips, and anything other than trip postings should be left off this list. Thank you!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hs-ontrips/.
- HS-VAn (Homeschool-Vancouver) - A place where Homeschoolers/ Homelearners in the Greater Vancouver area can share plans and ideas for local events and resources and help new homeschoolers get started. To see what's organized enough to get up on the Greater Vancouver Homelearning Information Centre's Website check out http://www.homelearners.ca.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HS-Van/.
- jhsc (Jewish Homeschoolers of Canada) - The list provides its members with homeschooling support and resources for Jewish educational material. We are a group of parents of all walks of life, of various levels of observance, who are committed to provide our children an education rooted in our Jewish heritage. (NB. Jewish is meant in the traditional sense. If you feel you are Jewish, or you are actually so halachically, yet you pray to Jesus/Yehoshua, this list is not appropriate for you.)
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jhsc/.
- KHE (Kootenay Home Educators) - This list exists to serve members of the home education community in the West Kootenay region of BC, Canada, including, but not limited to, the communities of Castlegar, Nelson, Kaslo, Argenta and the Slocan Valley. The list welcomes announcements about activities, events and opportunities suitable for home-educating families in our region, and discussion concerning issues of legality, choice and access to resources. Buy and sell messages are welcome, provided they are not repeated more than weekly, and concern items that might (loosely) be considered educational in nature.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KHE/.
- kingstonhomelearners (Kingston Home Learners) - Welcome to the Kingston Home Learners Yahoo Group. This group's purpose is to send out reminders about KHL activities. For more information about the Kingston Home Learners please visit our web site at www.kingstonhomelearners.org
As an inclusive group we warmly welcome all interested homeschooling families in the Kingston, Ontario area to join us. Please note that to participate in a KHL activity you must be a registered member. Membership is free and membership forms are available from our web site or in person at our Family Learning Centre activities.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kingstonhomelearners/.
- KneehillHomeEducators (Kneehill Home Educators) - Welcome, fellow homeschoolers! This is the place to communicate and connect for homeschoolers of the Kneehill District. We hope you find support, information, and friendship here!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KneehillHomeEducators/.
- MapleLeaf (Maple Leaf Used Curriculum Board CDN!) - Keep up with the changes at Canada's first used curriculum centre for homeschooling families. Announcements on when the board is updated!
For more information, visit http://welovebooks.com/.
- To post, visit http://welovebooks.com/_discussion/disc_1_toc.htm.
- maritimehomeschooling (Maritime Homeschooling) - This group is intended to offer support and friendship between homeschooling families in the Maritimes. Feel free to post tips, ideas, lessons, etc... as well as general chat.
- To Subscribe, visit http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/maritimehomeschooling/.
- MHSL (Muskoka Homeschoolers Linked) - Muskoka Homeschoolers Linked--The newly created MHSL E-group’s goal is to establish an on-line community for the ever-growing number of Homeschooling families living full or part-time in the Muskoka, Parry Sound and Almaguin Areas. Its purpose is to give homeschoolers a place to share field trip ideas, fun outings or educational events, dates and times, curriculum ideas or questions, group meeting dates and time reminders, craft ideas, book recommendations, educational websites, used curriculum, local curriculum sales, as well as additional daily support and a discussion place for homeschooling families. It is open to individuals of all faiths and educational philosophies. The only requirement is respect for the sincere opinions of others. Religious debating and Flaming are prohibited. Merchant/Vendor Advertising is not allowed without moderator approval. Used curriculum for sale may be posted at any time.
For more information, visit http://www.geocities.com/the247school/MHSLwebinvite.html or http://muskokahomeschoolerslinked.blogspot.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MHSL/.
- NeighbourhoodHSExchange - This group,for the greater Durham region of Ontario, is for Homeschoolers to connect, exchange information on outings, cirriculum for sale or needed, homeschooling questions, recreational opportunities and any other subject related to homeschooling.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NeighbourhoodHSExchange/.
- Northwest Radical Unschoolers Facebook Page - Share your life, your struggles, your joys from Northern California to Northern BC. From Victoria, to Portland, from Eugene to Olympia. Let's share events, playdates, travels and more!!!
- For more information, visit Northwest Radical Unschoolers Facebook Page.
- NSHomeschoolingEvents (Nova Scotia Home Schooling Events) - This is a mailing list for home schoolers (homeschoolers, unschoolers, non-schoolers) in Nova Scotia to share any events, field trips, concerts, etc. that may be of interest to other home schooling families. We also welcome news of places you have been and enjoyed that you would like to share with others. While we welcome news of field trips specifically for home schoolers, that is not the only purpose of the list. We want to hear about anything other families might enjoy.
This is not a discussion list, though when one event, etc. is posted, others may comment on that posting. For example, you may wish to say how much you liked or disliked a museum, or how far a drive it is from a large town.
This list is not affiliated with any other group.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NSHomeschoolingEvents/.
- osgoodedistricthomeeducators (Osgoode District Home Educators) - Osgoode District Home Educators is a support group for homeschooling families living in and around Osgoode Township (south of Ottawa). The Osgoode District Home Educators provide opportunities for families to get together for field trips, club days, special occasion theme days and other educational activities. All group members are welcome to plan activities and post them to the group.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/osgoodedistricthomeeducators/.
- PeterboroughAreaHomeschoolers (Peterborough Area Homeschoolers) - Peterborough Area Homeschoolers If you live in Peterborough, Lindsay, the Kawarthas, Millbrook, Lakefield, Norwood, Havelock or anywhere in between and you homeschool, then come and join us here! This is a forum for discussing Homeschooling in general and sharing information about local events of interest to Homeschoolers. We welcome diversity and encourage respect of each others teaching methods, culture and religious backgrounds.
**This is not an online forum for any one homeschooling group but rather a place for the many groups and individuals who are homeschooling in the Peterborough Area to share info.
- To Subscribe, visit http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/PeterboroughAreaHomeschoolers/.
- Sherwoodpark-hs (Sherwood Park homeschoolers - Alberta) - This is a discussion forum for Sherwood Park and area homeschoolers. It is open to all individuals who are presently homeschooling or who are planning on homeschooling their children.It is a great way to plan activities and to connect with other homeschoolers in your area.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sherwoodpark-hs/.
- slcanada (Canadians Using Sonlight Curriculum List) - General discussion by Canadians using Sonlight Curriculum in their homeschool. Topics to revolve around, though not excluded to, implementing Canadian resources into the curriculum.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slcanada/.
- thedoorstepalliance (The Doorstep Alliance (Ontario)_ - The Doorstep Alliance is network of homeschoolers/unschoolers based in the Almonte & Carleton Place area. We have members in Pakenham , Beckwith, Kanata, Hopetown, Fallbrook, Perth, Carp, Dunrobin,rural Mississippi Mills, Lanark, Lanark Highlands . Our yahoo group allows you to communicate with other homeschoolers in these areas. Our members send out messages about upcoming field trips, classes & lessons, speakers, conferences and support meetings which are designed for homeschooling families.
For more information, visit http://www.geocities.com/the_doorstep_alliance/index.html.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thedoorstepalliance/.
- TJEDinAlberta (TJED in Alberta) - This list is for families living in Alberta, who wish to implement a leadership model of education in their home. The method is described in A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver Van DeMille. The hope is that we can reach out in support to each other, find others who are willing to get together for group discussions, and possibly have yearly get togethers as a whole group.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TJEDinAlberta/.
- Torhschool - Our list is mainly for homeschooling families in and around Toronto, Canada. We wish to provide a supportive medium for people who are, or thinking of, homeschooling and would like to share and discuss ideas, build a strong local community.
For more information, visit http://hsintoronto.topcities.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Torhschool/.
- Unschooling_Canada (Unschooling Canada) - This list is for Canadian unschoolers who believe in child-led/natural learning. It is a list for experienced unschoolers, those certain of their choice, and also for those who are learning to let go of school-at-home and let their children lead the way.
Unschooling Canada is where adults can discuss anything they feel is related to unschooling -- so, in effect, anything is possible as a topic of discussion!
This list is not for those wanting questions answered about what unschooling, natural learning, or child-led learning is -- there are better forums for those questions to be answered. This list is also not for those who use the word unschooling, yet apply other than child-directed learning attitudes.
The list owner will not tolerate use of the list for religious, political, or commercial advertising.
Please note that all new members are moderated. As soon as it is clear that you are here for the right reasons (which do NOT include selling things or pointing out inappropriate sites and e-lists), you will be taken off moderation. Thank you in advance to all new members for your patience while we sift out spammers.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Unschooling_Canada/.
- vichomelearn (Victoria Homelearners) - This group is for homeschoolers in the Victoria area to share local information and concerns about homeschooling.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vichomelearn/.
- Winnipeg-hs (Winnipeg, Manitoba & area homeschoolers) - This list is for Winnipeg and area homeschoolers. Gather to discuss events and issues pertinent to homeschooling lives. We welcome local people of all approaches and philosophies to join us.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/winnipeg-hs/.
- wkche (WestsideKelowna Christian Home Educators) - The communication board for Westside/Kelowna (British Columbia) Christian Home Educators. A place to announce upcoming events, field trips, meeting dates, ideas, school/family/curriculum successes, questions, tips, difficulties etc.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wkche/.
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.