A student should not be taught more than he can think about.
~ Alfred North Whitehead
Nevada Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
- CathHSersofNV (A forum for Catholic Homschoolers in Nevada) - A forum for Catholic Homeschoolers in the state of Nevada to share helpful information in our quest to homeschool our children in accordance with the teaching of the Catholic Church. We invite any Catholic in the state that are or are considering homeschooling to join us.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CathHSersofNV/.
- Chiefsgroup (C.H.I.E.F.S.) - Welcome to Cornerstone's Christian Home Inspirational and Educational Family Schools, better known as CHIEFS. CHIEFS is a Christian homeschooling support group providing and sharing prayer, support, ideas, and encouragement to strengthen our homeschooled families by and through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Mission Statement: We, the homeschool families of CHIEFS, pledge to develop our children with strong Godly character, sound mind and body, so they may share with others the love of God, while learning to serve our Lord and Savior, the Chief Cornerstone.
CHIEFS offers many fun-filled activities to enrich our student's education. Monthly field trips, student speaking days, a reading club, music, physical education, and holiday socials are events geared to enhance knowledge and fellowship for students and homeschool providers. We communicate primarily through emails, general meetings, and occasional phone trees. Parental involvement is strongly recommended and encouraged.
We look forward to seeing and hearing from each one of you. Your input is invaluable. Together, we can build strong families for Christ.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chiefsgroup/.
- coloradoriverhomeschoolers (Colorado River Homeschoolers) - An open and inclusive homeschool group, open to all homeschoolers, regardless of style of homeschooling, religion, or anything else. Unschoolers, eclectic and relaxed homeschoolers welcome. All are welcome. Please be respectful of each other and join us for fun, adventure, discussion, friendship.
Located in the Bullhead City/Fort Mohave AZ, Laughlin NV, and Needles CA area.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ColoradoRiverHomeschoolers/.
- EaglesLV - Eagles Homeschool Group is a ministry of Canyon Ridge Christian Church in Las Vegas, NV. We are a Christian-led homeschool co-op, which exists to provide information, educational support, social opportunities, and community to those who are teaching their children at home. It is also our focus to assist in the discovery each family has to follow the Lord for their individual education plan. We have a policy of NO ADVERTISING on the list, so please don't send me an email looking for me to post your ads.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EaglesLV/.
- FreeChoices - Free Choices is an unschooling group in the Northern Nevada Area. This group is about bringing our children together. We strive to provide them with hours of uninterrupted time to pursue activity that is meaningful to them - play. We feel that the kind of close relationships we value are impossible to attain in brief get togethers or in the space between planned activities. We honor and support their choices for play.
In the largest sense, we are a group of parents and children drawn together by our decision to not participate in public schooling. We are founded as an unschooling support group, although we will help people who want to understand unschooling. Understand though, that we will not be spending any time talking about the best way to "make" your child learn a particular lesson or skill. Rather we choose to spend our time discussing what we consider to be the best of real life, that is, the learning that happens (for all of us) when it is meaningful and relevant to a particular individual. None of us will be shocked or dismayed if your child watches television or plays video games- indeed, many of us embrace these technologies as part of a rich life. Television, computers, and video games go hand-in-hand with books, magazines, lectures, films and camping - all to be used and enjoyed
I would like this group to be for families who are attachment parents, respectful parents, honoring their children for who they are. While we are here to help each other with the challenges, the focus of our unschooling lives is remembering to Choose Joy. It's there, in the hearts of our children. With radical unschooling, our children learn and grow joyfully, by being a part of the real world every day.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreeChoices/.
- freespirithomeschoolers - Free Spirit Homeschoolers is a secular group for parents, and their children, in Southern Nevada who are homeschooling for non-religious reasons. Our members do not practice, or belong to, any organized religion.
We hope to provide a safe forum for our members to discuss their spirituality and beliefs and how these apply to their parenting and homeschooling journey. Meetings, playdates, activities and field trips are held on a regular basis.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freespirithomeschoolers/.
- HendersonSHARE (Henderson SHARE Homeschooling Group) - Welcome to Henderson SHARE. We are part of the SHARE homeschool group in Las Vegas. As members of SHARE, we look forward to sharing our homes and resources for the education of our children with other LDS, and like minded, families. This e-group was created to keep those of us in Henderson up to date on what's happening on our side of the valley. Please feel free to post messages, calendar events, or just pass along a great idea. Let's stay connected and assist each other on this wonderful road called homeschooling!
For more information, visit http://sharehs.0catch.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hendersonshare/.
- HOLD-NVwest - LDS Homeschool Support Group - Homeschoolers Of Latter Days (HOLD) Reno, Nevada and surrounding areas: We are an LDS homeschool support group open to all LDS homeschooling families and other homeschoolers who are open to Latter-day Saint beliefs and will uphold LDS standards of living.
"As you teach these (your) children, remember this is our first obligation, to implant in their hearts a testimony of the divinity of this great work, in a period when the world, even the Christian world, is filled with doubt and insecurity, when it is groping, unable to see the future and to know where it is going." ( Ezra Taft Benson, So Shall Ye Reap, pp.35-36.)
As our children grope for truth, let us teach them to HOLD to the iron rod of God's word.
May God bless us in our homeschooling as we turn to Him for His guidance. Jody Jarvis, HOLD-NVwest Moderator
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HOLD-NVwest/.
- HomeEducatorsofFaith (Nevada Homeschooling in the Faith) - HEOF's discussion e-list is dedicated and moderated to provide homeschool assistance and support. This Bible based E-List is run in accordance with God's Word in speech and content.
HEOF does not collect membership fees.
To become a member after sending in your subscription:
- 1. You must submit in the introductory questionnaire, your introductory will serve as your initial e-post to the group;
- 2. You must read, understand, agree and sign a Hold Harmless Agreement;
- 3. You must complete and return HEOF Membership Action Form.
Posting ideas: Church activities; Prayers; Homeschool and NV legal updates; H-S comments; Encouraging scriptures; Community events; sponsored HEOF activities; H-S announcements and more. Do you have a testimony than testify..
Let's edify one another in love and good deeds. Posting are open to all ages after prior approval.
WE BELIEVE LOVE MEANS CONSIDERING OTHERS
This restricted elist is not for online debates, offense, slander or personal attacks of anyone in any shape or form. Posting fictitious rumors or rumors with the intent to hurt another are prohibited. All postings must be accurate and in good faith. Should anyone abuse the elist and/or violates this description will be considered for immediate removal.
~Members Networking Opportunities: If you are a homeschooler and a business owner or belong to a professional business organization that would benefit other homeschoolers, you may advertise it on HEOF's E-List once a quarter.
For more information, visit http://www.homeeducatorsoffaith.org/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeEducatorsofFaith/.
- homeschoolfellowshipinlasvegas (Homeschool Fellowship In Las Vegas) - This group is designed to encourage and empower women in the Las Vegas area who have chosen to homeschool their children. You do not have to be a brain nor a licensed teacher, but you do have to apply for an exemption letter from the school district every school year. This is a Christian homeschool group, although you do not have to be a Christian in order to join. We want to inspire and support each other in answering the call God has placed on us to homeschool. If you are not a Christian you are welcome to join us, but please be aware that we are Christian based and ALL conversations will either direct you to, instruct you from, find support in, or urge you to ask for inspiration from THE BIBLE. Please feel free to join us with requests for prayer and/or questions pertaining to (but not limited in) homeschooling (helping our children reach their greatest educational potential), your public schooled children (encouraging ways to help them get the education they deserve), family issues (though we are not licensed counselors), homemaking (our houses and families are not perfect, but they are filled with love, constantly gaining insight and knowledge on how to be the healthy, positive, productive people God created us to be).
The Homeschool Fellowship will plan special times to gather together and will notify members of date, purpose, and location.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homeschoolfellowshipinlasvegas/.
- homeschoolmeltingpot - The Homeschool Melting Pot is an INCLUSIVE support group open to all homeschoolers in Las Vegas and surrounding areas. We value and respect our different educational philosophies as well as our diverse religious views and affiliations. Because we have different backgrounds, we require acceptance (or at least polite toleration) of all members. Our common ground is that we are all home educating, and we have children who just want to have some fun! We hope you'll join, and tell a friend too!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homeschoolmeltingpot/.
- IMPACTNevada (I.M.P.A.C.T.) - For homeschoolers in Nevada interested in participating in this homeschooling co-op in Sparks, Nevada.
IMPACT (Improving Minds of Parents and Children Together) exists to bring homeschool families together to learn in a loving environment. Our desire is to create an educational experience with all subject matter approached from a traditional perspective. We want to be an encouragement and example for our fellow homeschool families in all that we do.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IMPACTNevada/.
- LDSPahrumpHomeschoolers (LDS Pahrump Homeschoolers) - Our children are our future and it is important for us to bring them up so they will be prepared with an excellent education and strong values. This group is for those homeschoolers in the Pahrump, Nevada area who have chosen to raise and teach their children in the home. LDS and like-minded families are welcome to share in our passion for teaching our children. This group will begin with weekly social activities, monthly mom's meetings, idea sharing, monthly field trips, etc... We will share local resources with one another as well as be a support to one another in our shared passion for educating our children. We will also work with other homeschool groups in Pahrump to help build a stong homeschool community here and to give the support needed to our children so that we can give our children the best education possible.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LDSPahrumpHomeschoolers/.
- liberal_homeschoolers_in_NN (Liberal Homeschoolers in Northern Nevada) - This is a place for liberal homeschoolers in the Reno and the northern Nevada area to connect for support, disscussion, and activities.
All members are encouraged to post homeschool and liberal related information. Memebers are also encouraged to create activities for liberal homeschooling families in this community.
To join this group you must be homeschooling or interested in homeschooling your child/ren. You must consider yourself liberal minded. Liberal minded here means open minded, free thinking, alternative, and thinking outside the box.
All philosophies and methods of education are welcome to participate. All races, religions, ages, social backrounds, and lifestyles are encouraged to participate. I hope that this will become a diverse community of liberal homeschoolers.
Please be responsible when you post. Show respect to everyone in this community. You can talk about anything you want as long as it pertains to homeschooling or liberal family life. It's not what you say. It's how you say it.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/liberal_homeschoolers_in_NN/.
- LVLifelearners (Las Vegas Life Learners) - Welcome! Las Vegas Life Learners is a support group for homeschoolers in Las Vegas, Nevada and its surrounding communities who have chosen the unschooling path. We hope to support and inspire each other on our journeys of living and learning. The group is open to members who are not yet unschooling, but wish to learn more in order to see if life learning is right for their families. Because respect for the child is at the core of unschooling, we expect our members to act accordingly on the list and in real life gatherings. We embrace diversity and hope that all who join our group will respect each others' differences and remain open to learning from each other. We strive to meet weekly at various venues around the valley. Members are encouraged to jump in and plan events, park gatherings, hikes, etc. Active participation on the list is also encouraged. Join us in creating a strong and diverse unschooling community in Las Vegas!!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LVLifelearners/.
- MVHEA (Moapa Valley Home Education Loop) - Sharing Homes And Resources for Education in Moapa Valley and the surrounding area. For Familys who share a passion for educating our children at home. This loop was formed to provide group support Share Ideas and educational links and to keep everyone up to date on outings and Parent meetings
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mvhea/.
- NCHS-chat (Nevada Christian Home Schools chat list) - The NCHS-chat email group is an online support group for Nevada Christian Home Schools or NCHS members. This list allows NCHS members to meet each other online while discussing home schooling and parenting, sharing concerns and prayer requests, or visiting about their day.
See http://www.nevadachristianhomeschool.org/ for more information.
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCHS-chat/.
- NNHS (Homeschooling in Northern Nevada) - The NNHS discussion list gives homeschoolers in Northern Nevada a place to talk. Subscribers must be members of Northern Nevada Home Schools, Inc. (NNHS), but prospective members receive free access for at least 90 days. Free access is also available to mentors and consultants who provide free advice to homeschoolers. Paid consultants or tutors must purchase a membership. We have subscribers in Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Incline Village, Gardnerville, Fernley, Fallon, Lovelock, Winnemucca, Elko, Ely, Wells, Wendover -- in short, all over Nevada! You can find someone local to talk homeschooling!
Topics will vary. You can expect discussion of curriculum, upcoming events, local school district policies, requests for advice, questions about science, etc. In general, anything that might come up when a couple of homeschoolers get together might come up on this list.
Subscribers and messages must be approved by the moderator. The list is open to all ages, and language and content is subject to approval.
Remember: Subscribing to this list does not make you a member of NNHS. For membership information, browse to http://nnhs.org/How_to_Join_NNHS.html
For more information, visit http://www.nnhs.org/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NNHS/.
- NV-Alert - This is open to all homeschoolers in the state of Nevada and is a meant to be an effective means of communication between all diverse groups. Legislatively, we need to work together as a common group, towards united goals. This is a safe forum to gather, meet, and communicate.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NV-Alert/.
- NVLAH (NV Leaders Advocating Homeschooling) - Nevada Leaders Advocating Homeschooling E-List
Welcome to the NVLAH group at Yahoo! We are so very glad to have you visiting us today!
NVLAH is a moderated E-List providing Subscribers with Nevada homeschooling legal updates, answers to homeschooling questions and a place where Public School Administrators and Homeschooling families statewide can share of their homeschooling concerns.
NVLAH is a public list. All public posts must be pertaining and in relation to homeschooling in Nevada. All posts are subject for approval.
If you are a Support Group Leader in NV or a Public School Administrator assigned to work with Homeschooling families in your district, you're strongly encouraged to join this group!
Posting ideas: SAT registration dates and times, Millennium Scholarship updates, School Districts Events that would benefit homeschoolers and more.
E-List is not for online debates. We ask for everyone to be considerate and respectful in all e-posts.
Dedicated to provide assistance and home education updates in Nevada!
Friendly reminder: Please mail in your Subscriber Action Form and email the subscriber questionnaire as your inital "Introductory" e-post to the group.
Subscriber Benefits: Nevada Homeschooling Resources and Public School Adminstration locations.
We'll see you on-line! With Warm Regards, Moderator, NVLAH
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NVLAH/.
- nwlvhsers (NorthWest Las Vegas Homeschoolers) - This is a group for homeschoolers or those interested in it, in the North West part of the Las Vegas Valley. We encourage participation and resource sharing. Of course, everyone should treat each other as they want to be treated. We may vary in religous beliefs, curriculum and educational choices and lifestyles, but we need to all be nice! Hopefully this group will encourage local friendships.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nwlvhsers/.
- Reno_Homeschool (Reno Homeschooling Information Center) - We want to offer a free discussion board so people can obtain and exchange information related to homeschooling in Reno and Northern Nevada area. Membership is subject to approval. You must request to join and include a brief statement why you want to join. We will not approve any requests unless there is a statement why you want to join. This is done to protect our members. Any member showing disrespect towards this group or who try to incite online fighting towards members will be automatically removed.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Reno_Homeschool/.
- ShareHS (S.H.A.R.E. Southern Nevada Homeschoolers) - Hello! and welcome to S.H.A.R.E.- Sharing Homes And Resourses for Education- An LDS Homeschooling Network for Southern Nevada, including the SHARE groups of Henderson, Moapa, North and West Las Vegas! We are a growing group, who welcome LDS and like minded families to share in our passion- the teaching of our children in the life long adventure of learning. This loop was formed to provide networking for all the SHARE groups, ideas, fun and educational links, and to keep everyone up to date for outings and mother's meetings.
For more information, visit http://sharehs.0catch.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sharehs/.
- sharenorth - Hello! and welcome to S.H.A.R.E.North- Sharing Homes And Resourses for Education- An LDS Homeschooling support group based in North Las Vegas, but open to the whole valley and part of the Las Vegas and Henderson SHARE homeschooling network. We are a growing group, who welcome LDS and like minded families to share in our passion- the teaching of our children in the life long adventure of learning. This loop was formed to provide group support, ideas, fun and educational links, and to keep everyone up to date for outings and mother's meetings.
For more information, visit http://sharehs.0catch.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sharenorth/.
- sharewest (S.H.A.R.E. West) - A member of the Southern Nevada S.H.A.R.E. Homeschooling Network that is located in West Las Vegas.
For more information, visit http://sharehs.0catch.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sharewest/.
- SoNevHSHotline (Southern Nevada Homeschool Hotline) - Southern Nevada Home Schooler’s hotline is for everyone associated with homeschooling in Southern Nevada. This is not a support group; it is a place for all homeschoolers and people associated with homeschooling to connect. Instructors of special classes, tutor's and business that offer special courses to homeschoolers may post to Southern Nevada Homeschool Hotline.
Anyone may organize a home schooling event, such as a spelling bee, a geography bee, a valley wide park day, a dance, or a home schooling party, ECT. The database is available for anyone to use to plan an event.
If you have curriculum or items associated with homeschooling you would like to sell please feel free to post. Or, if you would just like to share a homeschooling method that you feel would help out a fellow homeschooler.
This is not a place to voice your religious, secular, or political views. It is a place to announce your church, secular, or political happenings that would be beneficial to other homeschoolers. Remember this is just a hotline and not a debate line. Everyone is welcome to announce their event..
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoNevHSHotline/.
- TriStateScholars at Home (Laughlin area)(tristatehomeschoolers) - - A fun group of supportive families - all are welcome - whether it be traditional homeschool, ecclectic, unschooling, or whatever method!! Our diverse and multi-faith members live in the Tri-State area of Bullhead City, AZ; Laughlin, NV; and Needles, CA and the many outlying areas in Clark, San Bernardino, and Mohave County. We are a very active group with regular park days, field trips and seasonal festivities!
We are not secular, we are inclusive and tolerant of all religions and faiths and respect each others decisions to teach our children as we will. The goal of this group is to socialize our children in a positive setting and to provide support to families on the homeschooling journey.
- To Subscribe, visit TriStateScholars at Home (Laughlin area).
- Western Region Unschoolers (WesternRegionUnschoolers) - The Western Region Unschoolers is a group for unschoolers who live in the Western U.S. covering: Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and California. This is a forum to announce and organize conferences, travel, camping, and other places to get together.
- To Subscribe, visit Western Region Unschoolers.
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.