A student should not be taught more than he can think about.
~ Alfred North Whitehead
New Hampshire Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters (M - N)
- manchesterhomeschoolers (Greater Manchester Area Homeschoolers) - This group is for Greater Manchester Area Homeschoolers to share ideas, chat and plan events. For more information, visit MAHS - Manchester Area Homeschoolers.
- To Subscribe, visit manchesterhomeschoolers.
- Merrimack Valley Unschooling Facebook Page - Please post unschooling events in the Merrimack Valley such as potlucks, playdates, park days, etc.
All unschoolers welcome, including those that are considering this philosophy and lifestyle. People of all faiths/inclinations are welcome, but group activities are typically secular in nature.
The Merrimack Valley includes the cities Concord, Manchester and Nashua, New Hampshire, and Lowell, Lawrence and Haverhill, Massachusetts and surrounding towns.
- For more information, visit Merrimack Valley Unschooling Facebook Page.
- Monadnock Homeschool Network - Monadnock Homeschool Network is for homeschoolers in the southwest corner of NH to stay in touch & plan activities.
- To Subscribe, visit Monadnock Homeschool Network.
- MVHL_Announcements (Merrimack Valley HomeLearners) - We are a group of homeschoolers that is based northwest of Boston, in the Lowell area (we have members from as far away as southern NH, Westboro, Medford, and Andover). We welcome all homeschoolers regardless of religion, method of homeschooling, race, etc.
- To Subscribe, visit MVHL_Announcements.
- MulticulturalhomeschoolingNH - For homeschooling families looking for a homeschool group in NH that is accepting of all traditions, religions, and beliefs. Understanding that no one way of believing is the only way of practicing their walk, relgion, or other preferences. No matter what religion or spiritual belief one has they will be accepted. The main topics will be about homeschooling children in NH.
- To Subscribe, visit MulticulturalhomeschoolingNH.
- New England Buddhist Homeschool Group (NEBuddhistHomeschool) - We are such a minority -- us Buddhist Homeschool Families. Perhaps through this forum we can share our experiences in trying to incorporate Buddhism into our lives and homeschooling endevors.
This is a support group for Buddhist homeschoolers in the New England region -- Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont. Here we can talk about how we home-school with Buddhist ethics in mind. How do we live the 4 Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path in our culture?
When we are large enough, we will hold monthly or even weekly meetings, field trips, meditation circles and other neat homeschooling things. Eventually, we will also plan a yearly retreat for Buddhists and home school families in the New England region.
Feel free to join us if you have been a Buddhist home school family for years or are merely interested in it. If you are a homeschooler interested in Buddhism, or a Buddhist interested in homeschooling, you are welcome here.
- To Subscribe, visit New England Buddhist Homeschool Group.
- New England Jewish Homeschoolers (nejhs) - This list is for Jewish homeschoolers in the New England area. That includes CT, NH, VT, ME, RI, MA.
We welcome people who are interested in participating (and helping to organize) some of the activities we are planning. On this list, we are privileged to have Orthodox Jews, Conservative Jews, Reform Jews, Reconstructionist Jews, secular Jews. We DON'T have so-called Messianic Jews (Jews for Jesus).
There is no proselytizing allowed on this list. This list is NOT for discussing religious politics or "how" to be a Jew. It's primary goal is to make friends and organize gatherings. Note: NonJews married to Jews and raising their children as Jews or with Jewish traditions are also welcome.
Note: NonJews married to Jews and raising their children as Jews or with Jewish traditions are also welcome.
- To Subscribe, visit New England Jewish Homeschoolers.
- New England Muslim Educators Network (nemen) - A private email list for Muslim teachers and administrators in public and private schools, Islamic schools and Muslim homeschools, day care, preschools, weekend schools and after/summer schooling.
Serving Connecticut, Maine, Massachussetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont
- To aid Islamic schools, Muslim teachers and Muslim homeschoolers in their educational endeavors.
- To promote networking, and community building through the NEMEN email list and NEMEN/Islamic school/Muslim homeschool activites.
- To create and maintain an on going supportive and proactive environment for all our educators for the very best of ourselves and our children.
Islamic schools are encouraged to post and promote their carnivals, fairs, teacher workshops, professional development etc. Please also post these events on the calendar.
Muslim homeschoolers are encouraged to post and promote their activites, shared educational endeavors, field trips, etc. Please also post these events on the calendar.
Everyone on the NEMEN list is encouraged to contribute and post information on various workshops, professional development, conventions, conferences, forums, etc. within the NEMEN area.
Started in March 2001, this group has migrated here from another email list site.
- To Subscribe, visit New England Muslim Educators Network.
- New England Unschooling (NewEnglandUnschooling) - A networking group for unschoolers in Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island and Connecticut.
Any discussion or ideas presented on this list should be from an unschooling or radical unschooling point of view.
- To subscribe, visit New England Unschooling.
- NHHR-EIC (New Hampshire Christian Educators Mailing List) - Here we can talk about Christian issues and homeschooling in the way we believe. We are a non-denominational group consisting of people who profess to be Christians. Feel free to ask questions about curriculum, and to post suggestions that you may have about books, events, places to visit and whatever you find interesting. God has given us the gift of this wonderful world and we can share it together during this journey of educating our children. Do not hesitate to ask for prayer support if you feel the need, as we are all one in the spirit.
- To Subscribe, visit New Hampshire Christian Educators Mailing List.
- NHHR-L (New Hampshire Homeschooling Resources mailing list) - This mailing list is for anyone in New Hampshire involved with or interested in homeschooling. We hope you will use this list to exchange information, ideas for projects, and generally discuss topics that might be of interest to other homeschoolers, whether in this state or not.
Topics relating to the politics of homeschooling in New Hampshire should be sent to the companion mailing list NHHR-POLITICS after the first few exchanges occur on the NHHR-L mailing list.
- To Subscribe, visit NHHR-L -- New Hampshire Homeschooling Resources mailing list .
- NHHR-POLITICS (NHHR Politics Discussion List) - This list is for discussion of issues relating to the politics of homeschooling in New Hampshire. Threads in this list generally start over on the NHHR-L mailing list and move over here if the discussion heats up or continues on for more than a few days.
- To Subscribe, visit NHHR-POLITICS -- NHHR Politics Discussion List.
- NHHR-RELIGION (NHHR Religion Discussion List) - The purpose of this list is for discussing issues that relate both to homeschooling and religion. List threads will probably start out on NHHR-L and then move over here if a discussion/debate takes on a life of it's own.
- To Subscribe, visit NHHR-religion -- Homeschooling and Relgion Discussions.
- NLAH (New London Area Homeschoolers) - This mailing list is for people in the New London New Hampshire Area interested in homeschooling.
- To Subscribe, visit NLAH -- New London Area Homeschoolers.
On to O - Z of New Hampshire
Back to A - L of New Hampshire
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.