Homeschooling For Dummies|
by Jennifer Kaufeld
If, like many parents, you’re wondering whether homeschooling can be the solution you’re looking for, then you’ll be happy to know that the answer is yes.
The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling Teens|
by Debra Bell
Debra Bell has helped numerous homeschooled students, including four of her own, gain college admission and win substantial scholarships to the schools of their choice.
Learning All The Time|
by John Holt
This delightful book by the influential author of How Children Fail and How Children Learn shows how children learn to read, write, and count in their everyday life at home and how adults can respect and encourage this wonderful process.
The object of teaching a child is to enable the child to get along without the teacher. We need to educate our children for their future, not our past.
~ Arthur C. Clarke/b>
Washington Email Lists, Support Groups, Facebook groups, Associations, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
A - Hi
- At Home in Seattle - A community of Christians educating our children at home. While we are diverse in our educational styles, church denominations, and family stages, we are united in our love for Christ and for our families. We exist to provide support for home educators in the Seattle area through speakers, special events, field trips, and an email list for sharing resources.
- For more information, visit At Home in Seattle.
- C.A.P.E. - Christian Association of Parent Educators - greater Yakima area - A nonprofit, nondenominational, Christian Organization, made up of parent volunteers, who work to support, serve, and connect homeschool families in the greater Yakima Area. We serve families from Ellensburg to Sunnyside.
- For more information, visit C.A.P.E. - Christian Association of Parent Educators - greater Yakima area.
- Cedar Park Homeschool Network Facebook Page - Post questions, field trips, curriculum for sale, discuss group related activities.
- For more information, visit Cedar Park Homeschool Network Facebook Page.
- Charlotte Mason Homeschool of Kitsap Facebook Page - Post anything related to charlotte mason and homeschool. We have weekly events happening that will be posted, included a weekly "woods walk", a charlotte mason support group, and more.
- For more information, visit Charlotte Mason Homeschool of Kitsap Facebook Page.
- CHOSS - Christian Homeschoolers of South Sound - A group of families involved in home education who have come together to support and encourage one another according to Christian principles and biblical guidelines. We agree to work together to plan and organize group activities and provide a forum for the sharing of ideas, resources, methods, and information relating to home based instruction. Visit our CHoSS (Christian Homeschoolers of South Sound) Facebook Page.
- For more information, visit CHOSS - Christian Homeschoolers of South Sound.
- Christian Family Home Educators - Spokane Valley (CHFE) - A Christian, non-denominational, nonprofit homeschooling support group dedicated to helping parents educate their children at home. We encourage and support parents who homeschool in Spokane Valley and surrounding areas by coordinating and facilitating academic, informational, or social activities that are beneficial to homeschooling families.
- For more information, visit Christian Family Home Educators - Spokane Valley (CHFE).
- Clark County Home Educators - CCHE's mission is to assist parents in making an informed choice about homeschooling, facilitate community awareness of homeschooling, and to offer annual events, support, and resources to all who are homeschooling. CCHE desires to glorify God in all that we do, promoting freedom for all homeschoolers and for Christ-centered family values.
CCHE membership is open to all interested persons in sympathy with the purpose of CCHE. This includes parents, grandparents, teachers, et cetera and is not limited to those with school age children. As an organization, CCHE is consistently and forthrightly Christian in all of its activities and publications. However, members are not required to agree with our Statement of Faith.
- For more information, visit Clark County Home Educators.
- Clark County Homeschool Moms Facebook Page - A place for Clark County homeschoolers to share stories, questions, information & curriculum with one another!
- For more information, visit Clark County Homeschool Moms Facebook Page.
- Clark County Homeschool Teens - An all-inclusive social group for homeschooled youth, ages 12 and up, who reside in Clark County, WA. Participating families and youth take turns organizing social events for the group, communicating details and cost. Most activities will be held on Saturdays scheduled throughout the year. Alternative times may be scheduled in order to participate in community events such as plays, concerts, fairs, or special exhibits.
This group is for mature teens who socialize well with other youth. Chaperones will be present at all events; however, their job will be to ensure safety, not enforce discipline. Children who have difficulty integrating with this group, or who exhibit behavior problems, need to be supervised by their own parents at all times, and may be asked to leave the group. There will be no younger siblings permitted at any of the events except those deemed "family" – no exceptions. A minimum of 2 adults will chaperone each event, more as needed, and all parents will need to take turns supervising events. Elizabeth Mock and Erin Johnson will act as group moderators.
- To Subscribe, visit Clark County Homeschool Teens.
- Clark County Homeschoolers - An e-mail list to encourage networking and support for Homeschooling families in the Clark County, Washington area. All religions and spiritual paths welcome. All educational styles welcome.
- To Subscribe, visit Clark County Homeschoolers.
- Classical Conversations Lynnwood, WA Facebook Page
- For more information, visit Classical Conversations Lynnwood, WA Facebook Page.
- Deseret - North King/Snohomish counties - A home school support group designed to support and strengthen Latter-Day Saint families in the North King and Snohomish Counties along the I-5 corridor of Washington State. The goal of Deseret is to connect new and veteran LDS home schooling families with each other and aid in their growth. This may be accomplished thru field trips, activities, mom's nights, and family gatherings. Parents are a integral part of Deseret. Their support and involvement is vital!
- To Subscribe, visit Deseret - North King/Snohomish counties.
- Eastside (Seattle) Homeschool Connections Facebook Page - Eastside Homeschool Connections, serves as a community for homeschooling families living in the Greater Eastside (such as Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah, Renton, and surrounding areas). It is open to ALL types of homeschoolers, unschoolers and alternative education students of all ages and their parents/care givers.
The main goal is to bring together families, who are choosing homeschooling as a way of life for their children, for social activities such as park playdates, swimming, field trips and parent run opportunities. Feel free to post questions, share resources and send invitations for playdates/activities to the group or any/all social/internet/etc. mediums you prefer. Be respectful of each other's individual goals, teaching styles and family lifestyles.
If you have privacy set where no one can email you...please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details on where you live and child(ren) ages. This is for the security of the group! Thanks!
- For more information, visit Eastside (Seattle) Homeschool Connections Facebook Page.
- Eastside (Seattle) Homeschool PTSA Facebook Page - For all homeschoolers in the Greater Eastside regardless of religious affiliation or method of homeschooling
- For more information, visit Eastside (Seattle) Homeschool PTSA Facebook Page.
- Eastside (Seattle) Waldorf Inspired Homeschoolers Facebook Page
- For more information, visit Eastside (Seattle) Waldorf Inspired Homeschoolers Facebook Page.
- Federal Way Homeschoolers' Support Association - Puget Sound region (fwhsa) - One of the seven chapters of Homeschoolers' Support Association (HSA) in the Puget Sound region.
Federal Way HSA enthusiastically supports and encourages homeschooling families by:
- Helping organize homeschooling families into collaborative social and peer groups.
- Planning, coordinating and making available extended learning opportunities and resources in our region.
- Freely exchanging the experiences and insights of fellow homeschoolers.
Membership is $25 per year. Interested in joining? Prospective members are welcome to contact April Hiatt at (253) 253-874-5552 or email us at fwhsa-owner@yahoogroups.
- To Subscribe, visit Federal Way Homeschoolers' Support Association - Puget Sound region.
- Gig Harbor Education Resource Facebook Page - A family friendly forum for buying, selling, and trading educational materials, as well as exchanging ideas of educational interests and topics. Respectful conduct is expected from everyone participating here.
- For more information, visit Gig Harbor Education Resource Facebook Page.
- Greater Yakima Valley Homeschoolers Facebook Page - A group for networking and sharing ideas and information about homeschooling, also a great way to share about upcoming events. You do not have to currently be homeschooling to join.
- For more information, visit Greater Yakima Valley Homeschoolers Facebook Page.
- H.E.A.R.T.S. Homeschool Group Facebook Page - Snohomish/King Counties - New families are always welcome! Join us for field trips, classes, and more! Come play with us! Please visit: HEARTS Homeschool Group.
HEARTS for was founded in Washington State for parents who Homeschool Elementary age children in general and special education residing in the King County and Snohomish County areas. Together we organize annual social and educational events and activities during the academic school year for Elementary age children, ages 3-11. As we grow we will plan on serving older students as well.
Some of the benefits for joining HEARTS Homeschool Group are:
- As a group member you will receive discounted rates to many events and some are even free. As a group, we receive school discount rates and other group benefits for events at the museums, theater, arts, zoo, aquarium etc.
- The enrichment classes and events that we have chosen encompass various curriculum areas as in the arts, sciences, history, language arts, theater, drama and music. Some of these venues will expose our children to different academic curriculum that will be interactive and will challenge them both mentally and socially.
- There will be many opportunities to provide social skills development for our children in a class environment with their peers as well as in the community. Children will have ample opportunities to meet each other, make friendships as well as develop social skills as choosing, sharing, turn taking, following directions, remaining on task, working individually as well as in a group as they learn from each other while they interact socially within our community.
- Through parent support groups, parents will be provided homeschooling resources and educational support.
- For more information, visit H.E.A.R.T.S. Homeschool Group - Snohomish/King Counties Facebook Page.
- H.E.A.R.R. Facebook Page - Home Educators Around Rainier - Roy - This group is for homeschooling moms in the area of Rainier, Roy, McKenna, Yelm and outside areas.
- For more information, visit H.E.A.R.R. - Home Educators Around Rainier - Roy Facebook Page.
On to Ho - O of Washington
Washington Statewide Groups
Statewide Support Groups, Email Lists, Facebook Pages, Associations, etc.
Please notify if your email list, support group, Facebook group, association, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.